Sugar Free Sunday & Sugar Free Animals
Welcome to one of the sweetest weekly virtual potluck get-together ever! Yes indeed — it is Sugar Free Sunday! We host it every Sunday to exchange incredible sugar free recipes. Inspiration to start the week right? You bet!
Do you have a kitty cat at home? Little Fluffy perhaps? Last week I learned an interesting fact about Fluffy – cats can’t taste sugar! They actually have a genetic mutation that prevents the sweet molecules from binding to their taste receptors. This means they can’t taste anything sweet. Which means they don’t crave anything sweet. How incredible!
Looking into this further I discovered that many other carnivorous animals also cannot taste sweetness. Lions, tigers, jaguar, bottlenose dolphins, sea lions, asian otters and spotted hyenas among others all have this mutation and cannot taste sweet things.
So take a look at Fluffy’s food. Does it have sugar in it? Well — she certainly doesn’t desire it. If she does seem to have a “sweet tooth” — check the other ingredients in the food. Maybe it’s the fats that the cat is actually craving.
How do you participate in the virtual potluck?
- Link your recipe post (NOT your homepage) if it does not use refined sugar. Your blog does not have to be entirely sugar free, just the dish you’re sharing!
- Please link back to this get-together somewhere in your post’s text. It’s a great way to invite your readers to the fun!
- In the ‘Name’ field, please enter who you are and what you’re linking. For example Sonia would put: Bean Kale Pasta Soup [Sonia @ Flip Cookbook]
- Sign up for free to our new venture Velvet Aroma. It’s a visual way to read the blogs you love and really bring their recipes into your kitchen.
- See all the details on our Sugar Free Sunday page.
We’re so excited to see what you’re cooking….. Sugar Free!
Click on the ‘Add your link’ button below to share.