Sugar Free Sunday & India Trip Notes
Welcome to one of the sweetest weekly virtual potluck get-together ever! Yes indeed — it is Sugar Free Sunday! We host it every Sunday to exchange incredible sugar free recipes. Inspiration to start the week right? You bet!
I sort of fell off the grid in the last few weeks and apologies for that. I’m hoping I can make up for it by finally posting my notes from my India trip, and these two amazing shots.
This first picture gives you a view of the resort that I stayed at when I visited Parvati valley, India, in May this year. It was one of the most peaceful places that I’ve been too in a long, long time!
I could hear the river flowing from my room and just a few steps out of the resort and I would be greeted with this gorgeous view! Just rummaging through some of my pictures brought back the same calmness and serenity that I felt when I was there… Aaah, the simple joys of life!
Now for my notes on traveling sugar free internationally (or at least to India)!
- Who knew tonic water has sugar in it?? I certainly didn’t! Too naive, huh? I love sparkling water when I am traveling. On my flight out of the US, when I asked the stewardess for sparkling water with my meal, she said she didn’t have it and if I would like tonic water instead. I went, “Sure”! One sip and I knew I was off my sugar free bandwagon 😛
- Coke in India reads Raw Sugar as an ingredient instead of HFCS. I want to follow up on it, but I have to say the taste of Coke didn’t feel as sweet as it felt when I cheated on Coke here once!
- This is a very obvious point, but one that I completely forgot. Carry your own sweetener! If you like Stevia, carry that… you are into Agave take that then… Honey… don’t assume, just have some to-go. I noticed that most places were very accommodating and would skip sugar for me. It was I who didn’t have my honey with me, so note-to-self for future trips!
- Sugar is an ingredient in everything! Potato chips… why do potato chips need sugar? So read the labels carefully and don’t take stuff for granted. This seems to be a fact of life in any country.
So with these amazing pictures, Sugar Free Sunday is here! Bring on your latest sugar free creations… 🙂
How do you participate in the virtual potluck?
- Link your recipe post (NOT your homepage) if it does not use refined sugar. Your blog does not have to be entirely sugar free, just the dish you’re sharing!
- Please link back to this get-together somewhere in your post’s text. It’s a great way to invite your readers to the fun!
- Want to make something sweet without using refined sugar? Just check out all the ways to satisfy your sweet tooth without refined sugar here.
- Your link doesn’t have to be to a sweet dish! We love to see your sugar free appetizers, entrees, soups, snacks — well — you get the idea!
- Please don’t link to carnivals or giveaways. This is a party; bring a dish to share!
- In the ‘Name’ field, please enter who you are and what you’re linking. For example Sonia would put: Bean Kale Pasta Soup [Sonia @ Flip Cookbook]
- It’s not a party if no one chats! Please join the conversation by leaving a message in the comments section below. Also make sure you have the ‘Notify Me’ checkbox selected so that you can listen as well!
- Sign up for free to our new venture Velvet Aroma. It’s a visual way to read the blogs you love and really bring their recipes into your kitchen.
We’re so excited to see what you’re cooking….. Sugar Free!
Click on the ‘Add your link’ button below to share.