Flip Cookbook

Girl geek foodies making healthy cooking fun and easy.

By

Sugar Free Sunday & Off to India!

Welcome to one of the sweetest weekly virtual potluck get-together ever! Yes indeed β€” it is Sugar Free Sunday! We host it every Sunday to exchange incredible sugar free recipes. Inspiration to start the week right? You bet!

I’m on vacation in India for a week! Yay! You can also think of it as “sick leave” in some sense because I’m going to try some old traditional Indian medicines for my back. So when you’ll read this post… I’m either going to be meditating high up on a mountain somewhere… OR have a yogi looking at pressure points on my back! Either ways, being sugar-free in India is going to be an interesting (and challenging) experience and I’m going to try and collect as much information as I possibly can and share with you all here at Sugar Free Sunday in a couple of weeks.

On that note, wish me luck that I don’t fall off the wagon πŸ˜‰ And bring on your sugar free creations!

How do you participate in the virtual potluck?

• Link your recipe post (NOT your homepage) if it does not use refined sugar. Your blog does not have to be entirely sugar free, just the dish you’re sharing!
  • Please link back to this get-together somewhere in your post’s text. It’s a great way to invite your readers to the fun!
  • Want to make something sweet without using refined sugar? Just check out all the ways to satisfy your sweet tooth without refined sugar here.
  • Your link doesn’t have to be to a sweet dish! We love to see your sugar free appetizers, entrees, soups, snacks — well — you get the idea!
  • Please don’t link to carnivals or giveaways. This is a party; bring a dish to share!
  • In the ‘Name’ field, please enter who you are and what you’re linking. For example Sonia would put: Bean Kale Pasta Soup [Sonia @ Flip Cookbook]
  • It’s not a party if no one chats! Please join the conversation by leaving a message in the comments section below. Also make sure you have the ‘Notify Me’ checkbox selected so that you can listen as well!
  • Sign up for free to our new venture Velvet Aroma. It’s a visual way to read the blogs you love and really bring their recipes into your kitchen.

We’re so excited to see what you’re cooking….. Sugar Free!

Click on the ‘Add your link’ button below to share.

You'll Definitely Like These!

19 Responses to Sugar Free Sunday & Off to India!

1. amber says:

Hello and Happy Sunday,

This week I am sharing two chocolate recipes (one is sugar free, the other cane-sugar free) and an amazing strawberry, cantaloupe, ginger green smoothie (so refreshing)!

Thank you for hosting and have a great week!

Be Well,
    –Amber

P.S. I host a weekly blog hop (with 6 other bloggers). If you’re ever interested in submitting a recipe, please see the link provided. We focus on allergy-free foods. We go live on Tuesdays evenings. Thanks!!

• Sonia says:

Hi Amber,

I just got back to the US. Welcome to Flip Cookbook! πŸ™‚

I loved your Chocolate covered strawberries… they look divine! and I wouldn’t have thought of ginger in a smoothie… but the thought of adding spinach and balancing it with the ginger sounds fantastic! We’ll definitely stop by the blog hop.. Thanks for the invite! πŸ™‚

Take care,
      -Sonia.

2. Pingback: 3 Reasons to Choose Lacto-Fermentation Over Canning

3. Pingback: Recipe: Cultured Apple Sauce

4. Pingback: Real-Food Hot Nacho Cheese Sauce – Dairy & Gluten Free | Tessa the Domestic Diva

5. Pingback: 10 Days of Gluten Free – Dips & Spreads | Tessa the Domestic Diva

6. Pingback: 10 Days of Gluten Free – Skewers,Kabobs, & Toothpicks | Tessa the Domestic Diva

7. Your trip sounds like some good, old fashioned medicine for your body and soul. Have a great time!

• Sonia says:

Hi Laura, I just got back from my trip and it was amazing! I’ll be putting up pictures and thoughts in one of my next sugar free posts! πŸ™‚

8. Pingback: Homemade Coconut Milk Yogurt

9. Vicky says:

Have a wonderful time in India Sonia! I hope you return home “cured”! I’ve shared my sultana scone recipe suitable for the SCD this week!

Thank you for hosting!

• Sonia says:

Hi Vicky, I just got back from my trip… The scones look wonderful! Thanks for sharing! πŸ™‚

So, I don’t always have eggs in the fridge… any recommendations on how I should replace them out?

• Vicky says:

I haven’t tried them without eggs but you could use a tablespoon of cider vinegar and a couple of flax eggs! That works quite well in my bread rolls…I can’t guarantee it will work though πŸ™ Glad to hear you’re back safe and sound…are you any the wiser about your back?

• Sonia says:

Hmm… I guess I’ll just wait until I go grocery shopping then! πŸ™‚

Yep, definitely wiser… it’s finally time I paid more attention to my body. I’ve been quite brutal with it and not *listened* to it really! The hills, the fragrance of the trees and the sound of the river flowing by was simply amazing! I’m going to write a longer post one of these days and share my experiences! πŸ™‚

• Sonia says:

Wow! I’m a soda (Pellegrino) drinker and have loved kombucha! But the thought of making it from scratch scares me… It still looks a tad bit complicated. I saw that you are hosting a class. Is it anywhere near the bay area?

• caroline says:

i live in minnesota~ sorry, it is so easy!! don’t be scared.. and even if you do mess up. so what! i mess up everyday and that show i learn πŸ™‚