Sugar Free Sunday & Inflammation
Welcome to one of the sweetest weekly virtual potluck get-together ever! Yes indeed — it is Sugar Free Sunday! We host it every Sunday to exchange incredible sugar free recipes. Inspiration to start the week right? You bet!
Some of you might know that I’ve been dealing with back pain and spasms for almost 2 years now. I was recently talking to my doctor who told me that since my pain is now considered chronic, to fix it, we would need a multi-pronged approach. I would need to make sure I got enough exercise, got rest and sleep, that my diet was right, my nutrition… wait a minute. For someone who blogs about healthy foods I had totally missed this aspect to getting my “back” back on track!
I googled “foods to avoid chronic pain” and the the top four links all have “refined sugar” as the number one food (if not one of the top three foods) to avoid! Did you know that? I’m a bit shocked… shocked not because I thought sugar was a blessing. But, shocked, because in-spite of hosting Sugar Free Sundays and researching about Sugar I never once came across this connection between Sugar, Inflammation and Chronic Pain.
- mercola.com – Foods to Avoid by Patients Dealing with Chronic Pain
- health.com – 10 Food Rules for Pain Patients
- nutrition.about.com – Anti-Inflammatory Foods
- pain.about.com – What Not to Eat if You Have Chronic Pain
My resolution: Finally succumb to going completely sugar free. When I say sugar free, I mean refined sugars. What will be the hardest junk food to give up? Avoiding that occasional can of Sprite with my pizza! What has been the toughest processed food with refined sugars for you to give up?
How do you participate in the virtual potluck?
- Link your recipe post (NOT your homepage) if it does not use refined sugar. Your blog does not have to be entirely sugar free, just the dish you’re sharing!
- Please link back to this get-together somewhere in your post’s text. It’s a great way to invite your readers to the fun!
- Want to make something sweet without using refined sugar? Just check out all the ways to satisfy your sweet tooth without refined sugar here.
- Your link doesn’t have to be to a sweet dish! We love to see your sugar free appetizers, entrees, soups, snacks — well — you get the idea!
- Please don’t link to carnivals or giveaways. This is a party; bring a dish to share!
- In the ‘Name’ field, please enter who you are and what you’re linking. For example Sonia would put: Bean Kale Pasta Soup [Sonia @ Flip Cookbook]
- It’s not a party if no one chats! Please join the conversation by leaving a message in the comments section below. Also make sure you have the ‘Notify Me’ checkbox selected so that you can listen as well!
- Sign up for free to our new venture Velvet Aroma. It’s a visual way to read the blogs you love and really bring their recipes into your kitchen.
We’re so excited to see what you’re cooking….. Sugar Free!
Click on the ‘Add your link’ button below to share.