Sugar Free Sunday & UCSF study
Welcome to one of the sweetest weekly virtual potluck get-together ever! Yes indeed — it is Sugar Free Sunday! We host it every Sunday to exchange incredible sugar free recipes. Inspiration to start the week right? You bet!
For this weeks Sugar Free Sunday I would like to share this article UCSF scientists declare war on sugar in food that was published in SFGate 10 days back. It is very thought-provoking and controversial at the same time. The article starts out with this line:
They had this interesting Poll next to the article that I voted on and the results that I am sharing below are as of, 11th Feb 1:06pm:
So I voted, “People should be free to poison themselves” but after seeing 34% saying that it is nutritional, I’m inclined to say “Yes, it’s addictive and causes major health problems” and should be regulated like alcohol or tobacco. How would you vote? and what is your stance on this study and issue?
NOTE: Back in April last year Raj shared a fantastic video on Sugar Free Sunday which is a talk by Robert Lustig, MD, University of California, San Francisco Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Endocrinology. Along with this article, it might actually be a great time to see this video again as a refresher of sorts.
How do you participate in the virtual potluck?
- Link your recipe post (NOT your homepage) if it does not use refined sugar. Your blog does not have to be entirely sugar free, just the dish you’re sharing!
- Please link back to this get-together somewhere in your post’s text. It’s a great way to invite your readers to the fun!
- Want to make something sweet without using refined sugar? Just check out all the ways to satisfy your sweet tooth without refined sugar here.
- Your link doesn’t have to be to a sweet dish! We love to see your sugar free appetizers, entrees, soups, snacks — well — you get the idea!
- Please don’t link to carnivals or giveaways. This is a party; bring a dish to share!
- In the ‘Name’ field, please enter who you are and what you’re linking. For example Sonia would put: Bean Kale Pasta Soup [Sonia @ Flip Cookbook]
- It’s not a party if no one chats! Please join the conversation by leaving a message in the comments section below. Also make sure you have the ‘Notify Me’ checkbox selected so that you can listen as well!
- Sign up for free to our new venture Velvet Aroma. It’s a visual way to read the blogs you love and really bring their recipes into your kitchen.
We’re so excited to see what you’re cooking….. Sugar Free!
Click on the ‘Add your link’ button below to share.