Sugar Free Sunday & 5 Sweet Tooth Options
Welcome to one of the sweetest weekly virtual potluck get-together ever! We host Sugar Free Sunday every Sunday to exchange incredible sugar free recipes. Inspiration to start the week right? You bet!
There are days when I just crave something sweet. The reasons for these cravings are generally all over the place. Sometimes it’s because I’m tired and need an instance pick-me-up. Sometimes it’s because I’m stressed and need some phycological soothing. Sometimes it’s because I’m celebrating and for some reason sweet edibles are associated with this. And sometimes it’s just because I haven’t had a little sweet something in a long time. I’ve more or less kicked the refined sugar habit – but I still get these cravings every now and again. I thought I’d write down some of the things I use to accommodate and enjoy these cravings without the guilt and health setbacks of eating refined sugar:
1. My favorite is a mixture of cashews and raisins. Absolutely filling and quenches that sweet craving almost instantly.
2. Yogurt with honey.. mmmm mmmm.. just makes me lick the spoon. Makes a great dessert too.
3. Dates. I got hooked on these after my trip to Dubai. Having these with almonds really make this a delicious treat.
5. Peanut butter banana smoothie. I haven’t blogged this recipe yet but it’s quite simple: A banana + a big spoonful of peanut butter + yogurt / juice + honey (optional).
What are your go to sweet tooth treats?
How do you participate in the virtual potluck?
- Link your recipe post (NOT your homepage) if it does not use refined sugar. Your blog does not have to be entirely sugar free, just the dish you’re sharing!
- Please link back to this get-together somewhere in your post’s text. It’s a great way to invite your readers to the fun!
- Want to make something sweet without using refined sugar? Just check out all the ways to satisfy your sweet tooth without refined sugar here.
- Your link doesn’t have to be to a sweet dish! We love to see your sugar free appetizers, entrees, soups, snacks — well — you get the idea!
- Please don’t link to carnivals or giveaways. This is a party; bring a dish to share!
- In the ‘Name’ field, please enter who you are and what you’re linking. For example Sonia would put: Bean Kale Pasta Soup [Sonia @ Flip Cookbook]
- It’s not a party if no one chats! Please join the conversation by leaving a message in the comments section below. Also make sure you have the ‘Notify Me’ checkbox selected so that you can listen as well!
- Sign up for free to our new venture Velvet Aroma. It’s a visual way to read the blogs you love and really bring their recipes into your kitchen.
We’re so excited to see what you’re cooking….. Sugar Free!
Click on the ‘Add your link’ button below to share.