Sugar Free Sunday and wait, what… Cancer?
Welcome to one of the sweetest weekly virtual potluck get-together ever! Yes indeed — it is Sugar Free Sunday! We host it every Sunday to exchange incredible sugar free recipes. Inspiration to start the week right? You bet!
The research that Sugar can cause Cancer (for the skeptics, if not cause then propagate it), is just plain old shocking! Some of you’ll might go “Hmm… I already knew that”… I didn’t! I’m still freaked after researching this topic for an hour. The New York Times article is a really long one, so I’ll let you go and get started on the reading list below:
- Reuters: Cancer cells slurp up fructose, US study finds
- breastcancer.about.com: Cancer Loves Sugar: Myths and Facts
- Health Headlines, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (A Teaching Hospital of Harvard Medical School): Sugar and Cancer?
- The New York Times: Is Sugar Toxic?
So, while I grab my wits and try and digest this new found information, I leave you with these articles and a couple of questions. How much sugar do you really consume everyday? And, do you think it is time you went sugar free?
How do you participate in the virtual potluck?
- Link your recipe post (NOT your homepage) if it does not use refined sugar. Your blog does not have to be entirely sugar free, just the dish you’re sharing!
- Please link back to this get-together somewhere in your post’s text. It’s a great way to invite your readers to the fun!
- Want to make something sweet without using refined sugar? Just check out all the ways to satisfy your sweet tooth without refined sugar here.
- Your link doesn’t have to be to a sweet dish! We love to see your sugar free appetizers, entrees, soups, snacks — well — you get the idea!
- Please don’t link to carnivals or giveaways. This is a party; bring a dish to share!
- In the ‘Name’ field, please enter who you are and what you’re linking. For example Sonia would put: Bean Kale Pasta Soup [Sonia @ Flip Cookbook]
- It’s not a party if no one chats! Please join the conversation by leaving a message in the comments section below. Also make sure you have the ‘Notify Me’ checkbox selected so that you can listen as well!
- Sign up for free to our new venture Velvet Aroma. It’s a visual way to read the blogs you love and really bring their recipes into your kitchen.
We’re so excited to see what you’re cooking….. Sugar Free!
Click on the ‘Add your link’ button below to share.