Sugar Free Sunday and Gift Ideas
Welcome to one of the sweetest weekly virtual potluck get-together ever! Yes indeed — it is Sugar Free Sunday! We host it every Sunday to exchange incredible sugar free recipes. Inspiration to start the week right? You bet!
This year I’m coming across some fantastic blog posts which have lovely gift ideas for the cooks in your life! For this particular Sugar Free Sunday, I thought of compiling a list of all the posts that I’ve seen (and loved!), so if anyone is still guilty of not finishing all their holiday shopping (I know I am :P) they can use this list to get some ideas and hopefully not have to sweat too much over last minute shopping!
So, here is the list:
- Bake at 350 has everything you would need to gift the baker in your life!
- Food Wanderings compiled a lovely list, starting at $8 and going up to $150 from places like Crate & Barrel, William Sonoma, etc…
- Real Food Forager has broken down her list by price, which is so wonderful! A lot of times (especially when you are shopping last minute ;)) you don’t want to do the “cost-homework” and in this case, Jill has already done it for you. Thanks Jill!
- Oh Joy! has compiled a list for the host in your life! In fact, if you use her gift guide tag you’ll be pleasantly surprised with a variety of ideas, from food, to fashion to a cycle! Yes, you heard me right… 😀
I loved the assortment of ideas from must-haves in the kitchen, to price points and the just-cause gifts! Now we all need those too, isn’t it? 😉
On a slightly different note, you might want to surprise the food blogger in your life with a workshop that would take their writing to the next level and in the process get a chance to talk to and interact with some of their idols! Raj and I met Molly O’Neill at BlogHer Food ’11 and I love her concept of connecting people in small groups with professionals who have gone through it and can really review and work with you! Cook ‘n Scribble it is!
And finally, some menus that I found. Yes, these are not gifts, but they could be… if you are going to do a potluck and need an idea!
- GlutenFree Goddess has compiled a list of all her favorite winter recipes… So this isn’t just for the parties but could help throughout this season. Yipiee!
- Simple Bites has cross linked recipes from other blogs (NOTE: I haven’t reviewed them for being sugar free, but inspiration can come in all forms, right?)
If you come across more sites, please do let me know by commenting below.
All these gift ideas are so evergreen that they would make sense not just for this season, but for many more to come. This might just become my goto list with links from fellow food bloggers! On that note, bring on your Sugar Free Recipes!
How do you participate in the virtual potluck?
- Link your recipe post (NOT your homepage) if it does not use refined sugar. Your blog does not have to be entirely sugar free, just the dish you’re sharing!
- Please link back to this get-together somewhere in your post’s text. It’s a great way to invite your readers to the fun!
- Want to make something sweet without using refined sugar? Just check out all the ways to satisfy your sweet tooth without refined sugar here.
- Your link doesn’t have to be to a sweet dish! We love to see your sugar free appetizers, entrees, soups, snacks — well — you get the idea!
- Please don’t link to carnivals or giveaways. This is a party; bring a dish to share!
- In the ‘Name’ field, please enter who you are and what you’re linking. For example Sonia would put: Bean Kale Pasta Soup [Sonia @ Flip Cookbook]
- It’s not a party if no one chats! Please join the conversation by leaving a message in the comments section below. Also make sure you have the ‘Notify Me’ checkbox selected so that you can listen as well!
- Sign up for free to our new venture Velvet Aroma. It’s a visual way to read the blogs you love and really bring their recipes into your kitchen.
We’re so excited to see what you’re cooking….. Sugar Free!
Click on the ‘Add your link’ button below to share.