Sugar Free Sunday and Thanksgiving
Welcome to one of the sweetest weekly virtual potluck get-together ever! Yes indeed — it is Sugar Free Sunday! We host it every Sunday to exchange incredible sugar free recipes. Inspiration to start the week right? You bet!
I love festivals! And like all festivals, thanksgiving for me has always been about getting together with people you care, over food! Secretly, I wait for November, because then I have two months of festivity in the atmosphere and come New Years, I tend to go down in the dumps for a bit, thinking that it will be ten months before the next round of merriment. No, no other festival or time has the same effect for me, unless of course it is celebrating Diwali in India… Aaah, sweet memories…
So how do you make Thanksgiving Sugar Free? I loved the ideas in this post. The thought of using toasted pecans on the sweet potatoes instead of marshmallows, and a bit of ginger in the cranberry sauce, got my tastebuds all revved up.
I also found this interesting infographic with information about Thanksgiving that I didn’t know and I thought of sharing it here.
Disclaimer: This infographic was put together by Carine at BigEye Creative.
Have a lovely Thanksgiving!
How do you participate in the virtual potluck?
- Link your recipe post (NOT your homepage) if it does not use refined sugar. Your blog does not have to be entirely sugar free, just the dish you’re sharing!
- Please link back to this get-together somewhere in your post’s text. It’s a great way to invite your readers to the fun!
- Want to make something sweet without using refined sugar? Just check out all the ways to satisfy your sweet tooth without refined sugar here.
- Your link doesn’t have to be to a sweet dish! We love to see your sugar free appetizers, entrees, soups, snacks — well — you get the idea!
- Please don’t link to carnivals or giveaways. This is a party; bring a dish to share!
- In the ‘Name’ field, please enter who you are and what you’re linking. For example Sonia would put: Bean Kale Pasta Soup [Sonia @ Flip Cookbook]
- It’s not a party if no one chats! Please join the conversation by leaving a message in the comments section below. Also make sure you have the ‘Notify Me’ checkbox selected so that you can listen as well!
- Sign up for free to our new venture Velvet Aroma. It’s a visual way to read the blogs you love and really bring their recipes into your kitchen.
We’re so excited to see what you’re cooking….. Sugar Free!
Click on the ‘Add your link’ button below to share.