Sugar Free Sunday and Non-GMO Month
Welcome to one of the sweetest weekly virtual potluck get-together ever! Yes indeed — it is Sugar Free Sunday! We host it every Sunday to exchange incredible sugar free recipes. Inspiration to start the week right? You bet!
It never stops surprising me, how much I’ve learned about food and what we put into our bodies, simply by blogging about food and hosting Sugar Free Sunday. Kudos goes to Raj for getting Sugar Free Sunday together. Awesome job Raj! 🙂
Recently, I learned something unsettling which should be more mainstream and not something I should be finding out by chance. One, October is the National Non-GMO month and two, US and Canada don’t require GMOs to be labeled as such, even though 80% of packaged foods in this country contains GE (genetically engineered) ingredients! Countries like Japan, Australia and the European Union already have the GMO labeling mandated and even banned in some cases because they are considered unsafe.
The silver lining though is that California is getting ready to vote for GMO labeling and will be the first state in the US.
Disclaimer: This infographic was put together by Nature’s Path, an organic food company.
Here’s hoping we have the GMO labeling law soon, so that people know what they are putting into their bodies!
How do you participate in the virtual potluck?
- Link your recipe post (NOT your homepage) if it does not use refined sugar. Your blog does not have to be entirely sugar free, just the dish you’re sharing!
- Please link back to this get-together somewhere in your post’s text. It’s a great way to invite your readers to the fun!
- Want to make something sweet without using refined sugar? Just check out all the ways to satisfy your sweet tooth without refined sugar here.
- Your link doesn’t have to be to a sweet dish! We love to see your sugar free appetizers, entrees, soups, snacks — well — you get the idea!
- Please don’t link to carnivals or giveaways. This is a party; bring a dish to share!
- In the ‘Name’ field, please enter who you are and what you’re linking. For example Sonia would put: Bean Kale Pasta Soup [Sonia @ Flip Cookbook]
- It’s not a party if no one chats! Please join the conversation by leaving a message in the comments section below. Also make sure you have the ‘Notify Me’ checkbox selected so that you can listen as well!
- Sign up for free to our new venture Velvet Aroma. It’s a visual way to read the blogs you love and really bring their recipes into your kitchen.
We’re so excited to see what you’re cooking….. Sugar Free!
Click on the ‘Add your link’ button below to share.