Sugar Free Sunday and a Tribute
This last Friday bloggers from around the world came together to make a Peanut Butter Pie for Jennifer Perillo’s Mikey. It is the gut wrenching story that everyone dreads, and no one knows what they would do if it happened to them. But Jennifer’s graceful post,
For those asking what they can do to help my healing process, make a peanut butter pie this Friday and share it with someone you love. Then hug them like there’s no tomorrow because today is the only guarantee we can count on.
makes you respect today, what you have right now and cherish every moment with the ones you love. Because what will matter in the end, is the time you spent with them, telling them, showing them what they mean to you. Not that one load of dishwasher which was forgotten, or the lawn that didn’t get mowed, but the little “I love you’s”, the impromptu trips to nowhere, the surprise cupcakes for breakfast.
So for this Sugar Free Sunday, I urge you to bring your sugar free recipes as a tribute to Mikey, to have Jennifer in your thoughts and to tell the ones you love, whether close by or far away, what they mean to you… three simple words… “I love you”…
How do you participate in the virtual potluck?
- Link your recipe post (NOT your homepage) if it does not use refined sugar. Your blog does not have to be entirely sugar free, just the dish you’re sharing!
- Please link back to this get-together somewhere in your post’s text. It’s a great way to invite your readers to the fun!
- Want to make something sweet without using refined sugar? Just check out all the ways to satisfy your sweet tooth without refined sugar here.
- Your link doesn’t have to be to a sweet dish! We love to see your sugar free appetizers, entrees, soups, snacks — well — you get the idea!
- Please don’t link to carnivals or giveaways. This is a party; bring a dish to share!
- In the ‘Name’ field, please enter who you are and what you’re linking. For example Sonia would put: Bean Kale Pasta Soup [Sonia @ Flip Cookbook]
- It’s not a party if no one chats! Please join the conversation by leaving a message in the comments section below. Also make sure you have the ‘Notify Me’ checkbox selected so that you can listen as well!
- Sign up for free to our new venture Velvet Aroma. It’s a visual way to read the blogs you love and really bring their recipes into your kitchen.
We’re so excited to see what you’re cooking….. Sugar Free!
Click on the ‘Add your link’ button below to share.