Sugar Free Sunday & Velvet Aroma!
What is Velvet Aroma? It is a website that will simplify the way you cook!
How will we do this? With our fabulous reader which lets you visually follow and read your favorite blogs….
….Our cookbooks, rather custom cookbooks that you can create, help you organize and save/bookmark your favorite posts…..
…..We have a super cool way of saving a recipe from a post!
You can share your favorite posts directly onto facebook/twitter and even import recipes from sites like allrecipes.com, foodnetwork.com and epicurious.com! We plan on making Velvet Aroma a one stop for everything and anything cooking related. We have grand plans and loads of features planned so do stay tuned!
Why? We had been blogging for a while and realized along the way that as we were discovering new blogs it was very hard to keep track of all of them. Google reader just wasn’t cutting it visually. The blogs had gorgeous images and all we would see was tit bits of text! Plus how do we keep track of our favorite recipes/posts and organize them? via emails? browser bookmarks? uumm… doesn’t really work for too long! Since we both have coding backgrounds, we decided to quit our regular jobs and work full-time on developing something we were truly passionate about! and that is how Velvet Aroma was born… This is us making the VA sign with Lake Tahoe in the background!
Us with faces… when we aren’t goofing off making crazy hand symbols on a hike!
Future? We have grand plans and a list of features that roll off our cooking counters! Have ideas/feedback for us? Send us a quick note!
Click here to sign up now!
Psst… fellow foodies, help us get the word out! We are trying to get Velvet Aroma to 500 likes on Facebook in the month of August! Connect with Velvet Aroma on facebook or twitter using the buttons below!
How do you participate in the virtual potluck?
- Link your recipe post (NOT your homepage) if it does not use refined sugar. Your blog does not have to be entirely sugar free, just the dish you’re sharing!
- Please link back to this get-together somewhere in your post’s text. It’s a great way to invite your readers to the fun!
- Want to make something sweet without using refined sugar? Just check out all the ways to satisfy your sweet tooth without refined sugar here.
- Your link doesn’t have to be to a sweet dish! We love to see your sugar free appetizers, entrees, soups, snacks — well — you get the idea!
- Please don’t link to carnivals or giveaways. This is a party; bring a dish to share!
- In the ‘Name’ field, please enter who you are and what you’re linking. For example Sonia would put: Bean Kale Pasta Soup [Sonia @ Flip Cookbook]
- It’s not a party if no one chats! Please join the conversation by leaving a message in the comments section below. Also make sure you have the ‘Notify Me’ checkbox selected so that you can listen as well!
- Sign up for free to our new venture Velvet Aroma. It’s a visual way to read the blogs you love and really bring their recipes into your kitchen.
We’re so excited to see what you’re cooking….. Sugar Free!
Click on the ‘Add your link’ button below to share.