Fresh Mango Margarita!
Summer time calls for Margarita’s! The heat, the BBQs and a refreshing drink! This particular season my local produce place has been getting phenomenal mangoes. Now, I’m not much of a mango person. On the other hand, every other Indian you’ll meet, more so if they grew up in India, swoons over mangoes. 🙂 And I’m not talking simple swoons… these swoons are so emotional, that some visit India, braving the crazy hot weather, just for the mango season! 😀 Raj has a fabulous Mango Kulfi recipe which would be perfect in this weather. I see Mango Kulfi in my near future 😉
I found a Food Network Mango Margarita recipe which seemed to have some good reviews, so I based my recipe off of it. I didn’t want to dump a whole lot of sugar, so decided that I would add it as I went. The batch of mangoes I had was quite sweet actually!
NOTE: I don’t know if it was the crazy heat, but the ice in my drink melted pretty quickly. Next time I’ll add another cup of ice to it.
Fresh Mango Margarita
Makes: 3 servings
Ready in: 10 minutes prep time + 5 minutes to put together
1. Peel off the skin of the mango. Now scoop off as much of the pulp as you can. This could be a slightly messy step but honestly, well worth the effort!
2. Add the ice, mango pulp, tequila, triple sec, and honey to a blender. I put 2 teaspoons of honey but I left this out from the recipe because you should truly base this off of the mango you have. Some come quite sweet, and others are more tart!
3. Blend thoroughly so that the margarita is well mixed.
4. Cut the lime into wedges. Rub it along the edge of the glass. FYI, one lime usually gives me 8 wedges.
5. Dip the glass through the salt to coat the rim.
6. Pour the mix into the glass and serve. Enjoy!