Coconut Chocolate Cupcakes
My sleeping beauties… aaah they were good! The combination of chocolate and coconut is absolutely divine! I became a coconut lover when I tried Coconut Bliss ice-cream. Since then I’ve been craving the chocolate-coconut combination.
So this is Comfy Belly’s Chocolate Cupcakes (using coconut flour) recipe. I (rather Raj) called them sleeping beauties because my *beauties* never *rose*! 😛 Now the fact that they didn’t rise must have more to do with using coconut flour, or not beating the eggs enough, not sure. But the taste was absolutely fantastic. They tasted like dense brownies, super chocolate-ly, and I had them, warm, with a scoop of coffee ice-cream. The 8 cupcakes were over in a day and a half! Now to figuring out why they did not rise… have to make another batch ;)!
NOTE: I didn’t check the chocolate chips to see if they were sugar-free.
Coconut Flour Chocolate Cupcakes
Makes: 8 cupcakes
Ready in: 5 minutes prep time + 20 minutes cooking time
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 F. Sift all the dry ingredients together.
2. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. I simply combined mine by hand. I’ve read some place that while making cupcakes you shouldn’t over mix the batter because it doesn’t air the cupcakes, on the contrary the cupcakes sink!
3. Add the chocolate chips at this point and lightly combine.
4. Line the muffin pan with 8 cupcake liners. Fill the liners 3/4th full.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Since I had chocolate chips in there, every toothpick I put in, came out with chocolate around it *grin*! After I had dug the 4th toothpick in I realized that it was chocolate and not the uncooked batter.