So, I have officially hit a bit of a cookers block! Firstly, I’ve been sulking since my parents went back to India (they stayed with me for about 6 months), add to that, my two year old started daycare (I know! huge cutting of the cord moment right?) and spasms/stiff back just makes everything feel worse! At times like these, I reach for comfort foods… simple to make comfort foods… I had already had all the comfort foods my mommy used to make for me last week, plus the non-indian comfort foods were done too as I made them for her before she left. Which left me without any ideas. Hence the cookers block.
A few days back I saw this recipe by Comfy Belly for Cinnamon Bun Muffins which immediately appealed to me. I suddenly had to have Cinnamon Rolls! I looked around for a proper cinnamon rolls recipe, but the ingredients list itself was so long, and being in a dreary hole, I didn’t want to make anything complicated, just something that would provide simple comfort. I followed the recipe pretty much word for word except I added the walnuts to the cinnamon topping itself and used honey instead of maple syrup. It goes amazingly well with a fresh cup of coffee… Aah… sweet comfort… 🙂
Makes: 9-12 muffins
Ready in: 5 minutes prep time + 25 minutes cooking time
Cinnamon Topping Ingredients
1. Pre-heat the oven to 310 F. Mix all the dry ingredients for the muffins.
2. Mix the wet ingredients together.
3. Add the dry ingredients to it and mix to make a smooth batter.
4. Chop up the walnuts, and mix all the ingredients for the cinnamon topping together.
5. I filled my muffin pan half way through and my muffins overflowed. I think I should’ve gone 1/3rd full and that way I would have got 12 muffins instead of 9 that I got! Next pour a tablespoon(I used a regular teaspoon) of the cinnamon mixture over the batter.
6. Split the remaining batter into the muffins. Top off the remaining cinnamon mixture over the muffins.
7. Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy with a cup of freshly brewed coffee! Notice the overflowing muffins… hey, as long as they taste divine, I’m good! *big grin*