Sugar Free Sunday – June 5, 2011
Welcome to one of the sweetest weekly virtual potluck get-together ever! Yes indeed — it is Sugar Free Sunday! We host it every Sunday to exchange incredible sugar free recipes. Inspiration? You bet!
It is the first week of June and here in the bay area, we have rain. Correction: thunder storms! Joplin has been completely devastated. It feels like the weather all around the country has been playing havoc, when instead we should be welcoming summer! So as I sat here, looking out at the Grey skies at noon, ready to burst, it felt like one of those mornings when all you want to do is snuggle up in a blanket, have a nice cup of super hot tea, watch some mindless TV and wait for the clouds to clear. Other options to mindless TV are mindless internet, but with a 2 year old full of energy, I had to pull myself together, get the “oomph” back . I started looking for paintings and came across this beautiful Van Gogh called “A Road in Auvers after the Rain” which immediately brightened up my day. Maybe it was the bright colors, or maybe it was the thought of looking forward to summer, either ways it was an instant feel-good for me. it So here I am, sending out some instant feel-good brightness your way!
On that note, singing “Here comes the Sun…” by the Beatles, and hoping it’ll come soon , bring on your sugar free recipes!
How do you participate in the virtual potluck?
- Link your recipe post (NOT your homepage) if it does not use refined sugar. Your blog does not have to be entirely sugar free, just the dish you’re sharing!
- Please link back to this get-together somewhere in your post’s text. It’s a great way to invite your readers to the fun!
- Want to make something sweet without using refined sugar? Just check out all the ways to satisfy your sweet tooth without refined sugar here.
- Your link doesn’t have to be to a sweet dish! We love to see your sugar free appetizers, entrees, soups, snacks — well — you get the idea!
- Please don’t link to carnivals or giveaways. This is a party; bring a dish to share!
- In the ‘Name’ field, please enter who you are and what you’re linking. For example Sonia would put: Salted Sunflower Seeds [Sonia @ Flip Cookbook]
- It’s not a party if no one chats! Please join the conversation by leaving a message in the comments section below. Also make sure you have the ‘Notify Me’ checkbox selected so that you can listen as well!
- Sign up for free to our new venture Velvet Aroma. Shh.. it’s still under wraps but we’ll tell you this — it’ll take your cooking to a whole new level of fun!
We’re so excited to see what you’re cooking….. Sugar Free!
Click on the ‘Add your link’ button below to share.