Twice the fun – Sugar Free Sunday and Go Ahead Honey It’s Gluten Free!
Happy Sunday! Today is quite the perfect day. The sky is clear and blue. The sun is warming up my favorite chair at home. The birds are chirping in the trees. And I get to announce not one but TWO events!
Today starts this week’s sweetest weekly potluck get-together – Sugar Free Sunday! As you know, every week we host this event to exchange incredible sugar free recipes. Inspiration to start the week right? You bet! Last week we had some really delicious recipes at the potluck: salads, pizza, marshmallows, cookies, truffles and THREE different types of bars — all refined sugar free!
The other event I’m hosting is this month’s ‘Go Ahead Honey, It’s Gluten Free’ (GAHIGF). I love this monthly event not just because it has the awesome logo above, but because the community I’ve met through this has really been inspiring. GAHIGF is an event organized by the wonderful Naomi Devlin – a gluten free blogger with incredible knowledge and creativity. Check out her blog if you haven’t already done so!
"Sweet April showers, Do spring May flowers"
I chose this month’s GAHIGF theme to be ‘Garden Tea Party’. With flowers in full bloom, I find this time of the year perfect to sit in a garden with friends, family or sometimes just by myself. But always, always with a refreshing drink and something delicious to nibble on. Drinks like lemonade and fragrant teas or edibles like savory appetizers and sweet little munchies always make a garden party so much fun! What will you bring to the garden party this month?
How do you participate in this month’s Go Ahead Honey, It’s Gluten Free?
- Everyone can participate! You don’t have to be a gluten-free blogger or even a blogger but your entry must be gluten free.
- If your entry is a blog entry, you should link back to this post.
- Please email me your entry’s picture, how it’s perfect for this month’s theme and a permanent link at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 27th. At the end of the month I’ll post a round up of all the delicious goodies!
How do you participate in the virtual sugar free potluck?
- Link your recipe post (NOT your homepage) below if it does not use refined sugar. Your blog does not have to be entirely sugar free, just the dish you’re sharing!
- Please link back to this get-together somewhere in your post’s text. It’s a great way to invite your readers to the fun!
- Want to make something sweet without using refined sugar? Just check out all the ways to satisfy your sweet tooth without refined sugar here.
- Your link doesn’t have to be to a sweet dish! We love to see your sugar free appetizers, entrees, soups, snacks — well — you get the idea!
- Please don’t link to carnivals or giveaways. This is a party; bring a dish to share!
- In the ‘Name’ field, please enter who you are and what you’re linking. For example Sonia would put: Bean Kale Pasta Soup [Sonia @ Flip Cookbook]
- It’s not a party if no one chats! Please join the conversation by leaving a message in the comments section below. Also make sure you have the ‘Notify Me’ checkbox selected so that you can listen as well!
- Sign up for free to our new venture Velvet Aroma. Shh.. it’s still under wraps but we’ll tell you this — it’ll take your cooking to a whole new level of fun!
We’re so excited to see what you’re cooking….. Sugar Free!
Click on the ‘Add your link’ button below to share.