Sugar Free Sunday – April 24, 2011
Welcome to one of the sweetest weekly virtual potluck get-together ever! Yes indeed — it is Sugar Free Sunday! We host it every Sunday to exchange incredible sugar free recipes. Inspiration? You bet!
This Sunday is a very special Sunday for us. Flip Cookbook turned one on Friday! Yay to Raj and me!
I find myself getting nostalgic as I write this post. It brings back memories, what we have been through and accomplished in this last year. For Raj it was a digestive disorder that she had been suffering from for a few years, and for me, first it was being dairy-free for my son who was born with a dairy allergy and now it is chronic back pain… I am happy to report that Raj has been symptom free for a year and is now gluten free and sugar free… I’m back on dairy, getting a control on my back (wooohooo! ) and I am making healthier food choices. When I first had to go dairy-free it was very hard. There weren’t too many resources, plus I used to buy a lot of semi-processed/processed foods! As I was forced to read more and know more about what I was putting in my body, it was fascinating to see what simple diet changes could do. Plus when you have a friend like Raj, who can physically hit me with a bat on my head to drill a point home (no she wouldn’t, she is a total sweetheart ), it helped me change my food habits… She initially started Flip Cookbook and when I saw that “Cooking healthy isn’t hard… its yummy! way yummier than what it is thought out to be!”, I was a convert and I joined her. I now love experimenting with different foods, and even though I am not gluten free or vegan, I like thinking about recipes as a puzzle, how I can make them yummy and suitable for different diets without sacrificing on the taste! Going to the grocery store is now fun, not a drudgery!
So, here’s wishing Flip Cookbook a very happy First Birthday… Bring on your gorgeous sugar free recipes to the party!
How do you participate in the virtual potluck?
- Link your recipe post (NOT your homepage) if it does not use refined sugar. Your blog does not have to be entirely sugar free, just the dish you’re sharing!
- Please link back to this get-together somewhere in your post’s text. It’s a great way to invite your readers to the fun!
- Want to make something sweet without using refined sugar? Just check out all the ways to satisfy your sweet tooth without refined sugar here.
- Your link doesn’t have to be to a sweet dish! We love to see your sugar free appetizers, entrees, soups, snacks — well — you get the idea!
- Please don’t link to carnivals or giveaways. This is a party; bring a dish to share!
- In the ‘Name’ field, please enter who you are and what you’re linking. For example Raj would put: Spicy Paneer Pizza [Raj @ Flip Cookbook]
- It’s not a party if no one chats! Please join the conversation by leaving a message in the comments section below. Also make sure you have the ‘Notify Me’ checkbox selected so that you can listen as well!
- Sign up for free to our new venture Velvet Aroma. Shh.. it’s still under wraps but we’ll tell you this — it’ll take your cooking to a whole new level of fun!
We’re so excited to see what you’re cooking….. Sugar Free!
Click on the ‘Add your link’ button below to share.